Why is it that the less you say the less you have to say? My standards for what is worth writing here have rise proportinately with the length of time since my last entry. Now nothing seems important enough to record.
Each entry, by coming into existence, removes itself from the possibility of the poem. -Robert Kroetsch
A writer is someone for whom writing is difficult. -Somebody
Art is all possibility. To be an artist is to strive and to fail. Inevitably. I was trying to figure out how I can be proud of my writing and ashamed of it at the same time. I think it's because it's painful, just incredibly painful, to confront a particular manifestation of foreclosed possibilities. And it's not that I think I've failed at anything, more that there's no standard of success or failure. It just is what it is, so it's not what it could be. But why does that matter?
12 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment